The high school is scheduled for one parent/teacher conference day on Monday, November 27, 2017.
- Parent conferences are held from 1:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- Each conference is scheduled for fifteen (15) minutes.
- Please know that you always have the option to bring your son or daughter to the conference on November 27th and we encourage you to do so.
- Online sign-ups will begin on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 through Monday, November 20, 2017 (sign up information is below)
Teachers prioritize ahead of time the students who are in need of a conference and the remaining appointments are made available to parents/guardians.
While we do not limit the number of conferences a parent/guardian can sign-up for, we do ask that you keep in mind that one day of conferences for over 2,000 students is not sufficient to accommodate all families. We appreciate your understanding and efforts to schedule conferences when a high need or concern exists.
Conferences are an opportunity to discuss 1-2 areas of main concern that place a student at risk academically and/or emotionally.
Conferences are an opportunity to share vital information that impacts school performance, personal development, or acclimation to the high school or a particular grade level.
Process for appointments with a School Counselor
School counselors are also available for appointments on Parent/Teacher Conference Day. Please schedule an appointment with your child's counselor if your student is struggling academically or emotionally, having difficulty adjusting/transitioning to the LHS community, or if you have not had the opportunity to share information with your child's school counselor. After you sign up for a time, please e-mail your counselor directly and let them know your area of concern. Please be aware that school counselors are available to parents/guardians during the regular school day schedule, so if you are unable to meet on November 27th, please feel free to connect with your child's counselor for a more convenient day and time.
Please consider the following guidelines when determining which teacher, counselor, or special education liaison would be the most appropriate to meet with on November 27th :
If you feel as though a significant number of conferences are necessary, please consider the availability of teachers for all families; determine whether or not the use of a brief email or phone call would accomplish your goal(s).
Conferences are not intended to replace ongoing communication.
Conferences are not intended to focus on a grade in a particular course. The focus should remain on learning, skill development, and the possible steps home and school can take to ensure the highest level of success and personal improvement for your child
Sign Up Instructions:
- Instructions for the sign-ups are attached: (Parent Instructions from PTC Scheduler)
- Between November 15 and November 20, use the following link to check teacher and counselor availability and to sign-up (https://cloud.ptcscheduler.com/lhs/).